Saturday

I found love at work...


One thing I am grateful for working for Wal-Mart is that I met my husband there. I work at store 1393 in Oskaloosa, IA. I was a cashier and he was an overnight stocker. He always came through my lane and my face would get beat red because I had a huge crush on him. He got up the courage one day to ask for my number and I gave it to him. I never heard anything back from him for months, until I got a friend request on Facebook from him. I accepted of course. I had my chat set to on and lucky for me, he was online. He popped up and said hello and that he was sorry he never texted me or called because he forgot he had my number. I told him "Way to go sparky". We messaged each other back and forth on Facebook asking questions about each other and finally one day he asked me if I wanted to hang out with him. I said sure, but then he bumped it up to a date. We met at a local coffee shop and talked for hours. Our date ended at the bandstand in the center of town. He asked me to be his girlfriend on May 26 2010. We got married on May 26 of this year (on that same bandstand where our date ended). It's thanks to Wal-Mart that I met my husband/best friend and for that, I am so very grateful.

No comments: